Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
NYC (P) - Crafting Your Next Act (CYNA) - 4 Sessions
Tuesdays: June 6, June 13, June 20, & June 27, 5:00PM - 7:00PM
What’s next in your life?
Are you longing for a greater sense of fulfillment?
In this small group in-person workshop over 4 weeks (6/6, 6/13, 6/20 & 6/27) led by TTN member Karen Merson, you will learn how to get to where you want to be in your NEXT ACT.
In four sessions, you will discover your core values, special talents, strengths, and experiences and learn how to use them to help you achieve the life you want for yourself.
You will also meet other women who are exploring the same issues.
This workshop will help you rediscover your passions and dreams and uncover new possibilities. Rethink who you can be and what you can do in your Next Act – those years beyond midlife. Craft your Next Act that expresses your unique values, strengths and desires. Create a plan for a fulfilled and productive future and live the next, best year of your life.
The purpose of this in-depth series is to craft a comprehensive plan that provides specific structure to:
- Rethink who you can be and what you can do
- Focus on what really matters to you
- Reimagine new possibilities
- Be part of a community of NEXT ACT women
- Create achievable goals that match your values and passions for the coming year- your best year yet!
You will come away from the workshop:
- Excited about your future
- In control of your life – the author of your own life story
- Free to be your authentic and whole self
You will create the draft of a one-year plan, which will become:
- Your goals for the coming year
- The foundation for your thinking and planning
- Advice for your behavior and performance
- Motivation and inspiration
- A consistent theme of Karen’s career has been working closely with people interested in change. She holds three graduate degrees; an MS in Dance Therapy from University of Wisconsin, an MBA, in Organizational Behavior and Development from George Washington University, an MA in Organizational Transformation, from Fielding Graduate University, and completed her doctoral course work in Transformational Learning for Social Justice at Fielding. During her professional career Karen consulted with Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and small businesses to help with their transformation process.
For 18 years Karen was an adjunct professor in Organizational Behavior at New York University, where she received the Outstanding Teaching Award and was a full-time professor at The New School University where she was one of three finalists for the Best Teaching Award. After becoming a certified coach in 2013 Karen co-founded New Attitude, a coaching practice that helps women create meaningful and fulfilling “third acts”.
Karen has a talent for helping people find their voice, allowing them to express who they are and what they want. She is a skilled and inspiring group facilitator. Her goal is to help people recognize their value in the world.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) (UTC-05:00)
Member's UWS Home (address will be sent after you register)
Registration is required before Monday, June 5, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Event registrations are not transferrable without permission from the Event Contact listed above.